Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT), a rapidly growing public higher education institution in Macao devoted entirely to education and training for the tourism and hospitality industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching posts. Subjects to be taught in English and/or Chinese. Successful candidates are required to teach in both the daytime and evening degree programmes.
Assistant Professor of Tourism College
(Ref. No. 001/AC/2017)
- Event Management (1 vacancy) : should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Event Planning and Coordination, Introduction to Events Industry, Event Risk Management, and Sports Event Management.
- Hotel Management (2 vacancies) : should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Hotel Operations, F&B Cost Control and Lodging Management.
- Management (1 vacancy) : should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Principles of Management, Organisational Behaviour, Human Resources Management, International Business, Management of Service Operations, and Research Methods.
- Retail Management (1 vacancy) : should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Retail Management, Brand Management, Merchandise Management, Visual Merchandising and Store Design.
- Culinary (1 vacancy) :nshould be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Food Preparation courses, Food Safety, Menu and Recipe Development, and Kitchen and Restaurant Design.
Lecturer of Tourism College
(Ref. No. 002/AC/2017)
- Culinary (1 vacancy) : should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Food Preparation courses, Food Safety, Menu and Recipe Development, and Kitchen and Restaurant Design.
- English (1 vacancy)
- Assistant Professor: should have at least a Master's degree in the relevant area and at least 4 years of full time teaching experience as Lecturer
- Lecturer: should have at least a Bachelor's degree in the relevant area, with a grade of 'Good' (or equivalent) in the academic report/result
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations, and teach/develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic unit, please visit www.ift.edu.mo.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
- Assistant Professor (MOP627,480 - MOP883,120)
- Lecturer (MOP499,660 - MOP627,480)
- Exchange rate: approx. USD1 = MOP8
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
- Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of the Director of Tourism College, the relevant coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Please apply online below and submit the following documents in PDF format:
- Full resume (including details of teaching experience)
- Cover letter
- ID or passport copy
- Copies of academic transcripts and certificates
- Service certificates issued by current/former employers for the current/past teaching experience, only upon request
Application closes on 20 February 2017
- The selected candidates are expected to assume duty in August 2017 or earlier.
- Final result name list will be announced on IFT website around second-quarter of 2017 or earlier.
- Please note that ALL application materials must be received by the closing date (Macao time). Application received by IFT after the closing date will only be included in the next round of recruitment, if applicable.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
For application details, please visit http://www.ift.edu.mo/JobVacancies
For enquiries, please send to Job Vacancies On-line enquiry http://www.ift.edu.mo/JobVacancies