Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT), a rapidly growing public higher education institution in Macao devoted entirely to education and training for the tourism and hospitality industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching posts. Subjects to be taught in English and/or Chinese. Successful candidates are required to teach in both the daytime and evening degree programmes.
Professor of Tourism College
(Ref. No. 008/AC/2017)
- Hotel Management (1 vacancy) : should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Hotel Operations, F&B Cost Control and Lodging Management.
- Tourism Management (1 vacancy) : should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Tourism Planning and Development, Intercultural Issues in Tourism, Special Interest Tourism, Recreation and Leisure Management and Travel Agency Operations.
Professor: must have a PhD degree in the relevant area and at least 4 years of full time teaching experience as Assistant Professor
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations, and teach/develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic unit, please visit www.ift.edu.mo.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
Professor (MOP894,740 - MOP1,196,860)
- Exchange rate: approx. USD1 = MOP8
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of the Director of Tourism College, the relevant coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Application and Documents Need to Be Submitted:
Apply online HERE and submit the following documents in PDF format:
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- Identity Card or passport copy
- Copies of certificates of all academic degrees awarded and relevant transcripts
- Service certificates issued by current/former employers for the current/past relevant teaching or working experiences
- List of academic journals or articles published (if available) with ISBN
*Qualifications which are not supported by testimonials and/or verifiable evidence will not be considered
Application closes on 27 June 2017
- The selected candidates are expected to assume duty in 2018 or earlier.
- Final result name list will be announced on IFT website around first-quarter of 2018 or earlier.
- Please note that ALL application materials must be received by the closing date (Macao time). Application received by IFT after the closing date will only be included in the next round of recruitment, if applicable.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
For general enquires, please contact us via On-line enquiry.