Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT), a rapidly growing public higher education institution in Macao devoted entirely to education and training for the tourism and hospitality industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching posts. Subjects to be taught in English and/or Chinese. Successful candidates are required to teach in both the daytime and evening degree programmes.
Assistant Professor in Culinary (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 004/AC/2018 New
should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Food Preparation courses, Food Safety, Menu and Recipe Development, and Kitchen and Restaurant Design.
Assistant Professor in Event Management (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 005/AC/2018 New
should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Event Planning and Coordination, Introduction to Events Industry, Event Risk Management, and Sports Event Management.
Assistant Professor in Hotel Management (3 vacancies) – Ref. No. 006/AC/2018 New
should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Hotel Operations, F&B Cost Control and Lodging Management.
Assistant Professor in Management (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 007/AC/2018 New
should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Principles of Management, Organisational Behaviour, Human Resources Management, International Business, and Management of Service Operations.
Assistant Professor in Marketing (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 008/AC/2018 New
should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Marketing Management, Principles of Marketing, Marketing Channels and Distribution, Advanced Marketing, and Marketing for Cultural Resources.
Assistant Professor in Retail Management (2 vacancies) – Ref. No. 009/AC/2018 New
should be able to teach/develop specific subjects such as Retail Management, Brand Management, Merchandise Management, Visual Merchandising and Store Design.
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations, and teach/develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic unit, please visit www.ift.edu.mo.
(1) at least a Master's degree in the relevant area and
(2) at least 4 years of full-time teaching experience as Lecturer
Candidates who do not meet the two requirements above, or who do not have supporting documents (including graduation certificates, work testimonials issued by current/previous employers, etc.) need not apply for the vacancies above.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
MOP642,600 - MOP904,400 (salary index: 540 – 760)
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx. USD1 = MOP8
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of the Director of Tourism College, the relevant coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Please apply online below and submit the following required documents in PDF format:
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded, testimonials or other official forms of evidence for the academic qualifications required as above
- Service certificates, testimonials or other forms of evidence issued by current/previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations (with exact start dates and end dates) for the current/past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences (Sample here)
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- List of academic journals or articles published (if available) with ISBN
Required qualifications and teaching experiences which are not supported by certificates, testimonials and/or verifiable evidence or no identity card or passport copy provided at the time of application will not be considered.
Apply online here for Assistant Professor in Culinary (Ref. No. 004/AC/2018)
Application closes on 21 June 2018
For general enquires, please contact us via On-line enquiry.
- The selected candidates are expected to assume duty in 2019 or earlier.
- Final result name list will be announced on IFT website around fourth-quarter of 2018 or earlier.
- Please note that ALL application materials must be received by the closing date (Macao time). Application received by IFT after the closing date will only be included in the next round of recruitment, if applicable.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.