(English, Cantonese and Mandarin)
The Rector's Office of the University of Macau is now inviting applications for the captioned position. The successful candidate will be, depending on their qualifications and other relevant credentials, of the rank of Senior Administrative Assistant, Administrative Officer, or Senior Administrative Officer with a taxable monthly salary within the range of MOP30,710 and MOP57,270 (i.e. index points 370 to 690).
- Translate university documents such as legal instruments, minutes, public speeches, reports, proposals, press releases, etc.
- Interpret in the three languages (consecutively or simultaneously) at meetings or other university events.
- Perform other language tasks, such as editing/proofreading, writing, giving language advice, etc.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the superior.
Qualifications and other requirements
- A bachelor's degree or above from a recognized university, preferably related to language studies.
- A solid track record of working experience as a translator and interpreter.
- Proficiency in written Chinese and fluency in both spoken Cantonese and Mandarin; a high standard in written and spoken English.
- Able to think logically, work under pressure and be meticulous in details.
- Able to work independently as well as participate constructively in team work.
Visit http://www.umac.mo/vacancy for more details, and apply ONLINE at Jobs@UM (https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment ) (Ref. No.: RTO/TI/ECM/05/2017). Also submit an application letter in English with two samples of your past translation (Chinese to English and vice versa). Processing of applications begins on 07 June 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. For further information about the application, please contact:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8571; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**