Host, Loyalty Marketing - 029029
- Deliver immediate marketing related services to members and potential players via casino promotions, mass gaming floor and counter operations
- Recruit and register players to the Melco Crown Membership Loyalty Program. Promote benefits and offers
- Execute casino promotions with tasks such as participation registration, on stage draws, emcee to announce results, flyers distribution and prizes redemption
- Ensure and maintain a quality database and reach daily recruitment targets
- Assess and identify the appropriate endorsements of complimentaries; hotel accomodations, food and beverages, services and miscilaneous items
- Assist members’ with transportation, hotel rooms, F&B, entertainment related arrangements in accordance with established standard operating procedures
- Maintain a quick response time to all calls to the members’ hotline
- Fulfil daily documentation and reports accurately in accordance to operations
- Provide assistance and support to liaising departments
- Provide access control at High Limit Podiums
- Assist with Promotional Chip Program and settlements procedures
- One year or above relevant experience in customer services field.
- High School Graduate Preferred
- Willing to work on shifts, Flexible and accommodating
- Receptive and versatile in adopting new approaches and practices to meet changing circumstances.
- High adaptability to various assigned job tasks
- Computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in and Cantonese essential, Mandarin highly regarded.
- Ability to work under pressure, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Possesses strong time management skills.
- Must be able to work indoors and be exposed to various environments such as, but not limited to noise, dust, cigarette smoke and fragrances
- Must be able to tolerate second hand smoke
Executive Host, VIP Services - 029082
- Retain Melco Crown Entertainment VIP players and increase loyalty by serving as a personal contact to players to ensure excellent customer service.
- Developing understanding of relationships with players and player groups’ representatives, including VIP premium patrons and fixed rooms/casual junkets.
- Introducing players to Room Management and monitoring player’s requirements.
- Keeping up to date with and fielding enquires regarding Altira Macau, City of Dreams & Studio City VIP Room memberships, Player Programs, Non-Gaming loyalty Program and all current gaming and promotions.
- Preparing and managing private salon requirements and ensure no un-authorised access.
- Communicating with other departments to facilitate and ensure an enjoyment visit for our Altira Macau, City of Dreams & Studio City VIP patrons.
- Completing the appropriate arrivals schedules for walk-in patrons or when patron changes programs.
- Process all documents and information for settling out patrons’ room charges prior to their departure on a daily basis for players on Turnover 1 and above program, with consolations with VIP Service Manager.
- Explain and conduct VIP players’ program buy-in and settlement of accounts for Standard players program in an efficient manner.
- Prepare all documents/information for VIP Service Managers to conduct all buy-in/settlements of accounts for Turnover 1 & above programs, including fixed rooms and casual junket program.
- Confirming players ratings are correct and all winnings are accurate for cash out, issuing cheques or TT and obtain approval from Service Managers for action.
- Assisting with patron queries in their appropriate languages (other than Cantonese, Mandarin and English) to ensure that information are communicated correctly.
- Facilitating patron tours and familiar with all complex facilities and restaurants and ensuring knowledge is up-to date and comprehensive. This includes tours for our business partners and their associates.
- Entertaining patrons and this includes hosting at functions. Building relationships with staff from other departments to facilitate this.
- Issuing complimentary within patron entitlements (and outside if warranted), up to their level of authority.
- Generating complimentary vouchers and present to cage along with receipts in a timely fashion at the end of each patron’s visits.
- Being aware of all MCE events and events happening around Macau and receive patron expressions of interest for these events.
- Assign VIP Host daily job / area allocation, including airport/ferry/border meet and greet of VIP patrons.
- Ensuring that VIP Host are performing their job functions in a most effective and efficient manner.
- Any other administrative job function or project as assigned by the VIP Service Manager.
- As Studio City operates a 24 x 7 business, flexibility in working hours is essential.
- Minimum 1 year Customer Service experiencein a VIP environment is required
- Minimum 1 year Customer Service experience in the Casino Industry preferably
- Experience in Casino Hosting role is required.
- Fluent in both written and spoken Cantonese/Mandarin/English
- Ability to adapt MCE complex and operating environment.
- Essential Knowledge in Asian Culture.
- Knowledge in MCE products, services and organisational structure.
- Knowledge in Electronic and paper based filing systems.
- Competent in standard Microsoft Office programs, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to build rapport with all customers – both external and internal.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and action sensitive issues with discretion.
- Ability to field disputes, escalating where required along with all pertinent information.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Manager, Design - 029234
- Manage complete design, construction documentation and construction of architectural /interior projects.
- Work closely with internal teams, operations and related parties to ensure designs are aligned with the project brief, codes and quality standard.
- Provide creative design solutions with an aim to fulfill project brief and overcome technical / site constraints.
- Assist and report to Design Management Team Leader.
- Prepare feasibility studies.
- Minimum 5-10 years of design experience in architectural or interior, preferably from position held in consultant’s or developer’s office.
- Solid experience in managing full design projects, from feasibility study, design concept, design documentation to site construction.
- Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD and design software such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Good command of both written and verbal English.
Manager, MICE Sales - 029136
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with corporate accounts, DMCs, MICE travel agents
- Formulate and implement MICE sales and marketing strategies to achieve revenue targets
- Develop segmentation, pricing strategies and positioning for hotel and entertainment products in all markets
- Work closely with marketing team on campaigns to generate awareness and drive sales (direct and trade) in assigned markets
- Implementing MICE sales strategies to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for MCE properties
- Work closely with marketing team to participate in relevant roadshows, tradeshows, product seminars and MGTO events to generate product awareness for MCE properties and Macau
- Develop comprehensive short and long-term sales strategies with clear KPIs for each segment to achieve occupancy and revenue targets for hotel and entertainment attractions
- Coach the sales executive and assistant sales manager when needed
- 2 years sales experience at Sales Manager or Catering Sales Manager
- Experience selling hotels and/or entertainment attractions to corporates and MICE agents
- Existing relationship with major corporate accounts and MICE agents
- Proven track record developing new corporate relationship and converting these relationships to sales
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in hospitality or Tourism Management
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin required
Engineer - 029235
- Managing the cost consultant in the execution of its duties including preparation of cost plans, tender pre-estimates and post-contract administration.
- Developing and maintaining the project cost report with comparisons of committed and forecast cost against approved budget.
- Evaluating contractors’ tenders and proposals and making recommendations for award.
- Implementing procedures for the commercial management and reporting of design changes and the issue of instructions to consultants and contractors.
- Identifying and reporting financial risks and opportunity.
- Monitoring project expenditure and providing cash flow forecasts.
- Bachelor degree in Building related.
- At least 15 years relevant working experience.
To apply, please visit http://mycareer.melco-crown.com/opportunities/our-openings/ or
by email: email@example.com